Friday, August 29, 2008

Politicals

Two more weeks there will be election for MSO commitee. MSO is Malaysian Student Organisation in ANU and it's the most active society in ANU. Everyone is campaigning in order to gain more votes during the election. There is total 8 positions, President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and 4 General Commitees. Now that there is this party running around the campus stating who is running for all the above positions. The main thing is there is few candidates that none of us reckon as capable.

So basically what we did is we decided to just ignore what we saw. But the other day a friend of mine was telling me that since we are not satisfied with them we should in fact get someone who can run against them. I do admit that I have the intention to run for a position at first, but my intention just vanish from my thoughts after I saw the party formed.

I think I wouldn't like to be part of them. Obtaining votes through networks and not capababiity is always not what I am looking forward to. Of course, if you have the capabability and people vote for that it would be a different thing. But it seems like they are helping each other to get the positions in MSO neglecting the other members. It seems like University also have all the political issues.

I was chatting with my friend about this. She actually did some analysis on me. According to her, I am those kind of person who can excel in analysis problems than making decisions. Her best suggestion is vice president because vice president's job is less stressful and it seems like easier. I don't know whether I should take it as complement or what. It make me sounds like I am like a worthless piece of paper. Hehe.... I always know that I can't do a good job if I am stress out. My EQ is very low. And what I have done all this year is to improve my EQ, but it seems that it never gets better. I might need to work harder then....

I just feel that from this issue, I think I might need to work harder and improve myself. I couldn't give people the impression that I am capable, people just don't recognise me as someone better. Sometimes I do feel that people will only thought of me when all the good one they thought are gone. I just don't stand out as someone special. But this will not stop me to be a better one.

I made a wish for my birthday this year...

I hope I can be someone people acknowledged as BEST.

No comments: